Thursday, June 28, 2007

Kayaking Lessons

Last Monday I had the opportunity to go out kayaking with Jimmy Seabrook, our in house Kayak Instructor who gives lessons every Monday and Tuesday throughout the summer.

I have always wanted to learn how to kayak and I had an amazing time! Who would have thought that making myself flip over in a Kayak and doing self-rescues would be so much fun!

Having someone to instruct me on kayaking techniques has given me the confidence I needed to be able to take out a kayak on my own and I am absolutely looking forward to doing just that!

We have also had a couple of other people, either staying with us at the Wolfden or just coming up for the day, who have benefited from this great opportunity. There are definitely great things to say all around!

So, I highly recommend this opportunity to anyone who wants to learn how to kayak or to anyone who just wants to better their technique. It’s a lot of fun and the locations for the lessons (Oxtongue Lake and the Oxtongue River) are excellent.

To find out more about Kayak Lessons at the Wolfden, you can check out our website: http://www.wolfdenbunkhouse.com/

Thanks for the awesome time Jimmy!!!

No comments: